NRGene and Kayagene Introduce the First Fully-Phased Cannabis GenomeFebruary 13, 2019
In a breakthrough research, NRGene, a leading agricultural genomics company based in Israel, and Kayagene, a California-based cannabis breeding company, have announced the completion of the first fully-phased cannabis genome using NRGene's DeNovoMAGIC technology.
"We have now only begun to realize the potential in cannabis, as over 99% of its genetic diversity was never studied," said Dr. Gil Ronen, President of NRGene. "Our fully-phased genomes reveal the hidden secrets of diverse cannabis strains and enable us to efficiently implement them for future treatments of multiple human medical conditions," he added.
For more details, read the news release from NRGene.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- A Comprehensive Review of the Environmental Safety of Bt Crops Now Published
- New Chocolate has Its Own Pro-GMO Label to Promote GMO Farming
- NASA: Tree Planting and Agri in China and India Make Earth Greener
- Experts Call for Urgent Political Support for Agri-biotech in the Philippines
- Genes that Resist White Rust Pathogen Found
- Study Finds Attitudes of the Youth toward GM Food Affected by Family Members
- Rothamsted Research Applies for New Trials of GM Camelina
- COGEM: No Risk in Import and Processing of GM Maize Bt11
- Scientists Report First Genetic Transformation of Einkorn
- Haplotype Analysis of Rice Genes Helps Development of Tailor-made Rice with Improved Genetic Gains
- GMOs Not the Cause of Monarch Butterfly Decline, Study
Plant Breeding Innovations
- CRISPR-Cas9 Used for Targeted Disruption of FAD2–2 Microsomal Omega-6 Desaturase in Soybean
- Improved CRISPR System with Power on Switch for Gene Editing
Beyond Crop Biotech
- NRGene and Kayagene Introduce the First Fully-Phased Cannabis Genome
- International Conference on Industrial Crops
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (December 1, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (November 23, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (December 1, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: