Forecast: Global Agri-biotech Market Size to Grow Significantly in the Next 4 YearsJanuary 9, 2019
Technavio reports that the global agricultural biotechnology market will grow by almost USD 21.2 billion during 2018-2022. In the report published in December 2018, Technavio, a market research company that has published reports on major technology markets, stated that the global agricultural biotechnology market will be accelerating in the next four years, growing at an annual growth rate of almost 11 percent with 53 percent of this growth coming from the Americas. The report also identified the rising demand for higher crop yield as one of the key factors driving the growth rate.
The said report also included the analysis of the market's competitive landscape and product information on different companies including BASF, Bayer, ChemChina, DowDuPont, and Eurofins Scientific. It also provided the prediction of the contribution of the various application segments to the growth or the market size. In particular, the report predicted that the transgenic seeds segment will account for the highest share in the market due to its higher adoption in different countries.
An overview of the report is made available by Technavio.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- 2020 Proclaimed International Year of Plant Health by UN General Assembly
- Forecast: Global Agri-biotech Market Size to Grow Significantly in the Next 4 Years
- Scientists Engineer Shortcut for Photosynthetic Glitch, Boosting Crop Growth by 40%
- USDA: No GMOs Detected, No Labeling
- Adoption of Biotech Crops Crucial in Pakistan
- SEARCA BIC Releases Policy Briefs on GM Crops
- Chinese Agri Ministry Approves Import of 5 GM Crops
- ISAAA Announces New SEAsiaCenter Director
- Structure and Function of Photosynthesis Protein Explained in Detail
- GM Potato Shows Improved Colorado Potato Beetle Resistance
- Bt Maize Expressing a Fusion Gene Cry1Ab/Cry1Ac Does Not Harm Pollen Feeders
Plant Breeding Innovations
- CRISPR-Cas9 Used to Modify Seed Morphology Traits in Wheat
- Scientists Characterize CRISPR Mutants Targeting Genes Modulating Pectin Degradation in Ripening Tomato
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Researchers Develop GM Houseplants to Clean Air
- Trending News on Crop Biotech in 2018
Subscribe to CBU: