Glyphosate Has No Endocrine Disrupting Properties, EFSA Peer Review ConcludesSeptember 13, 2017
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has published a review of the pesticide risk assessment of the potential endocrine disrupting properties of glyphosate.
The current assessment concluded that the weight of evidence indicates that glyphosate does not have endocrine disrupting properties through oestrogen, androgen, thyroid, or steroidogenesis mode of action based on a comprehensive database available in the toxicology area. The available ecotox studies did not contradict this conclusion.
Read the full conclusion in an open access paper published in the EFSA Journal.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- NAM Adopts Resolution Supporting Biotechnology
- Scientists Unlock Secrets of Photosynthesis
- New Oat Variety Developed to Help Reduce Cholesterol
- Sweet Potato Genome Provides Insights on its Revolutionary History
- Vietnam Eyes GM Corn to Help Reduce Corn Imports
- Glyphosate Has No Endocrine Disrupting Properties, EFSA Peer Review Concludes
- Scientists Decode Finger Millet Genome
- Lysin Motif-Containing Proteins Play Role in Defense against Verticillium dahliae in Cotton
- CAAS Scientists Develop GE Cabbage Resistant to Diamondback Moth
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Scientists Use CRISPR-Cas9 to Change Morning Glory's Flower Color
- CRISPR-Cas9-Mediated Mutagenesis of SlMAPK3 Reduces Drought Tolerance in Tomato
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Overexpression of HbERF-IXc5 Enhances Abiotic Stress Tolerance and Latex Production in Rubber
- Brazil Releases GM Mosquitoes to Combat Diseases
From the BICs
- Biodiversity Conservation Agency Holds Workshop on Insect Resistance Management on GM Crops in Vietnam
- Let the CRISPR Games Begin!
Subscribe to CBU: