Let the CRISPR Games Begin!September 13, 2017
A team of researchers from Stanford University School of Medicine has launched a new challenge for players of the computer game Eterna. Players will be asked to design an RNA molecule capable of acting as an on/off switch for the gene-editing tool CRISPR-Cas9.
Anyone can play the Eterna RNA-design game. "All you need is a good internet connection, the interest, and the time," said Howard Chang, MD, PhD, professor of dermatology and director of the Center for Personal Dynamic Regulomes at Stanford. The Eterna game is also meant to get more people interested in science.
For more details about the game, read the Stanford Medicine News Center.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- NAM Adopts Resolution Supporting Biotechnology
- Scientists Unlock Secrets of Photosynthesis
- New Oat Variety Developed to Help Reduce Cholesterol
- Sweet Potato Genome Provides Insights on its Revolutionary History
- Vietnam Eyes GM Corn to Help Reduce Corn Imports
- Glyphosate Has No Endocrine Disrupting Properties, EFSA Peer Review Concludes
- Scientists Decode Finger Millet Genome
- Lysin Motif-Containing Proteins Play Role in Defense against Verticillium dahliae in Cotton
- CAAS Scientists Develop GE Cabbage Resistant to Diamondback Moth
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Scientists Use CRISPR-Cas9 to Change Morning Glory's Flower Color
- CRISPR-Cas9-Mediated Mutagenesis of SlMAPK3 Reduces Drought Tolerance in Tomato
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Overexpression of HbERF-IXc5 Enhances Abiotic Stress Tolerance and Latex Production in Rubber
- Brazil Releases GM Mosquitoes to Combat Diseases
From the BICs
- Biodiversity Conservation Agency Holds Workshop on Insect Resistance Management on GM Crops in Vietnam
- Let the CRISPR Games Begin!
Subscribe to CBU: