Conference on Biotech Applications Held in Phu Yen, VietnamSeptember 6, 2017
Vietnam Genetics Association, Agricultural Genetics Institute, and Phu Yen Center for Application and Transformation of Technology (PYCAT) organized a conference on biotechnology applications and genetically modified products on July 17, 2017 in Tuy Hoa City, Phu Yen, Vietnam.
The meeting was attended by leaders of Phu Yen Department of Science and Technology and more than 120 representatives from agencies under the Department of Science and Technology: Application and Transformation of Technology Center, Center for Information and Statistics of Science and Technology; Agencies under the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development: Plant Protection Division, Varieties and Plant Techniques Center, Extension center; Representatives of the city's Agricultural Division, Farmers Association of Son Hoa, Song Hinh, Tuy An, Phu Hoa, Tay Hoa, Dong Xuan, Song Cau Districts; The Phu Yen Union of Science and Technology Associations, the Department of Information and Communication of the province; Phu Yen University.
The conference was organized to introduce biotechnology and present updates on the latest developments in the field. In addition, experts also raised the issue of inaccurate information on biotechnology, which has caused concern for consumers. Therefore, science communicators must be knowledgeable and transparent in disseminating knowledge on the technology and its applications.
For more information, read the news in Vietnamese from Khoa Hoc Cong Nghe Viet Nam.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Policy Reforms Key in Biotech/GM Crops Adoption in Africa
- Researchers Explore New Source of Virus Resistance in Wheat
- South American Agriculture Ministers Urge EU & China to Stop Delaying GMO Import Authorizations
- Study Gives Insights into Plants' Light Harvesting Process Under Low Light
- Davao's Vegetable Council Backs Commercial Planting of Bt Eggplant in the Philippines
- APEC: Biotechnology Powerful Tool for Sustainable Agriculture
- RNAi Increases Soybean's Resistance to Viral Pathogens
- OsMYB45 Plays a Vital Role in Cadmium Stress Resistance in Rice
Plant Breeding Innovations
- The Role of OsMADS3 in Regulating Meristem Maintenance in Rice
- CRISPR-Cas9 Genome Editing in MicroRNA of Rice
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Scientists Develop New Approach to Protect Honey Bees
- Expression of Aflatoxin-Detoxifizyme in the Parotid Gland of Transgenic Pigs
From the BICs
- Conference on Biotech Applications Held in Phu Yen, Vietnam
- New ISAAA Pocket K on Biotech-improved Animals
- Updated ISAAA Infographics on Biotech Crops Now Available
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (September 21, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (September 21, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (August 31, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: