ISAAA Infographic: 17 Years of Media Reportage on Modern Biotech in the PhilippinesAugust 16, 2017
ISAAA released a new infographic on the results of the study titled Seventeen Years of Media Reportage of Modern Biotechnology in the Philippines conducted by ISAAA and SEARCA Biotechnology Information Center. The study analyzed the trends in modern biotechnology reporting in major Philippine newspapers including Manila Bulletin, The Philippine Star, and Philippine Daily Inquirer. Articles from Business Mirror released from 2010 to 2016 were also included in the study. The research concluded that over the 17-year period of reporting, the Philippine media has developed a matured editorial stance towards the technology as shown in the decline in the number of fear metaphors used, increase in the percentage of articles in positive tone, less frequent use of biotech critics as source of information, and more use of social progress message framing in the recent years.
Get a copy of the infographic from the ISAAA website. The research article is published in the Philippine Journal of Crop Science. Also available: From Fear to Facts: 17 Years of Agri-biotech Reporting in the Philippines.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Agri-biotech Global Market May Reach US$39.5B in 2022
- New Method to Measure NPQ for Better Photosynthesis
- Brazil's CTNBio Approves New GM Soybean
- Unlocking Planthoppers' Role in Rice Stripe Virus Reproduction
- Indian Agricultural Economists Support GM Mustard Commercialization
- India's Environment Ministry Stresses Safety of GM Mustard
- Biologists Discover New Mechanisms of Protein Transport in Plant Cells
- Genetically Modified Multi-Nutrient Rice Offers Three Micronutrients Against Malnutrition
- Arabidopsis P3B Confers Temperature Stress Tolerance in Sweet Potato
- Coffee BDP Gene Affects Abiotic Stress Response of Transgenic Arabidopsis
Plant Breeding Innovations
- CRISPR-Mediated Modification of TaEDR1 Homologs Enhances Powdery Mildew Resistance in Wheat
Beyond Crop Biotech
- US FDA's Plan to Reduce Nicotine in Cigarettes Prompts Other Countries to Follow Suit
- Plant Genome Evolution 2017
- 3rd International Conference on Genetic and Protein Engineering
- ISAAA Infographic: 17 Years of Media Reportage on Modern Biotech in the Philippines
Subscribe to CBU: