Agri-biotech Global Market May Reach US$39.5B in 2022August 16, 2017
The global agricultural biotechnology market is projected to have a 10.1 percent compound annual growth rate from 2015 to 2022, which may reach US$39.5 billion by 2022. This is according to the report released by HTF Market Intelligence Consulting titled Agricultural Biotechnology – Global Market Outlook (2016-2022).
The report analyzed the market trends in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the rest of the world. They also looked at the performance of important players in the industry. It aims to provide insights on current and future trends, focusing on growth prospects for forecast period of 2016-2022.
According to the report, the growth of the agri-biotech market is driven by increased capital inflow and investments for industry participants, as well as research and development in the Asia-Pacific and African regions. However, stringent government regulations and resistance to biotech crops may slow down the growth of the market.
Get more information from HTF Market Intelligence.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Agri-biotech Global Market May Reach US$39.5B in 2022
- New Method to Measure NPQ for Better Photosynthesis
- Brazil's CTNBio Approves New GM Soybean
- Unlocking Planthoppers' Role in Rice Stripe Virus Reproduction
- Indian Agricultural Economists Support GM Mustard Commercialization
- India's Environment Ministry Stresses Safety of GM Mustard
- Biologists Discover New Mechanisms of Protein Transport in Plant Cells
- Genetically Modified Multi-Nutrient Rice Offers Three Micronutrients Against Malnutrition
- Arabidopsis P3B Confers Temperature Stress Tolerance in Sweet Potato
- Coffee BDP Gene Affects Abiotic Stress Response of Transgenic Arabidopsis
Plant Breeding Innovations
- CRISPR-Mediated Modification of TaEDR1 Homologs Enhances Powdery Mildew Resistance in Wheat
Beyond Crop Biotech
- US FDA's Plan to Reduce Nicotine in Cigarettes Prompts Other Countries to Follow Suit
- Plant Genome Evolution 2017
- 3rd International Conference on Genetic and Protein Engineering
- ISAAA Infographic: 17 Years of Media Reportage on Modern Biotech in the Philippines
Subscribe to CBU: