IPBO & IIBN Release Book on "Innovative Farming and Forestry Across the Emerging World: The Role of Genetically Modified Crops and Trees"January 11, 2017
The Institute of Plant Biotechnology Outreach (IPBO) and the International Industrial Biotechnology Network (IIBN) have released a comprehensive book Innovative Farming and Forestry Across the Emerging World: The Role of Genetically Modified Crops and Trees. The book makes the "business case" for the role of biotechnology innovations for sustainable development in emerging and developing economies. It seeks to support the factual debate on biosciences and technology for developing and emerging economies.
The book is edited by Sylvie De Buck, Ivan Ingelbrecht, Marc Heijde, and Marc Van Montagu of the IPBO, and provides a compilation of selected studies from different emerging and developing countries.
Download a copy of the book at the IPBO website. For print copies, contact Dr. Sylvie De Buck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Governments to Integrate Biodiversity Conservation Across Agri Sectors
- Study Presents Evidence on Movement of Potato Famine Pathogen
- Researchers Crack Genetic Basis of Cotton Leaf Shape
- Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, NRGene Assemble Second Maize Reference Genome
- Cuba to Plant GM Soybean and Corn in Spring 2017
- ICAR NBPGR Unearths Genetic Potential of Wheat Germplasm
- MicroRNA 157 Regulates Floral Organs Development and Ovule Production in Cotton
- Triple Gene Construct Confers Insect Resistance and Herbicide Tolerance in Tobacco
From the BICs
- Agricultural Biotechnology and its Potential Application in Vietnam
- Help Evaluate GMO Peer-reviewed Literature
- IPBO & IIBN Release Book on "Innovative Farming and Forestry Across the Emerging World: The Role of Genetically Modified Crops and Trees"
- ISAAA Blog: Trending News on Crop Biotech in 2016
- Genome Editing of Citrus Susceptibility Gene CsLOB1 Confers Resistance to Citrus Canker
- CRISPR/Cas9-Induced Mutations in SELF PRUNING 5G Promotes Day-neutrality and Early Yield in Tomato
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: