US EPA Approves New Agrisure® Trait Stack from SyngentaSeptember 14, 2016
A new trait stack from Syngenta, Agrisure® 3120 E-Z Refuge®, has received registration approval from the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Agrisure 3120 E-Z Refuge offers above-ground insect control, featuring two modes of action against corn borer and control of ear-feeding insects, with the convenience of an integrated refuge product.
Agrisure 3120 E-Z Refuge will be available for 2017 planting from Syngenta, and through licensing agreements with other seed companies. Additionally, growers will have access to the insect control benefits of Agrisure 3120 E-Z Refuge in combination with Agrisure Artesian® technology for water optimization designated as Agrisure 3120A E-Z Refuge.
For more information, read the news release at the Syngenta website.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO Projects Increase in Maize, Wheat, and Rice Grain Output
- Kanayo Nwanze Receives Inaugural Africa Food Prize
- Uganda's Minister of S&T Lauds Researchers on Biotech Innovations
- Kenya's National Biosafety Authority Gives GM Cotton Partial Nod
- Scientists Develop New Approach to Genetic Modification of Maize and Other Grains
- US EPA Approves New Agrisure® Trait Stack from Syngenta
- New Wheat Varieties with Dwarf Genes Show Promise
- South Asia Biotechnology Centre Invites Public Comments to Support GE Mustard
- Study Highlights Impact of Plant Breeding in the EU
- Fern Protein Expression in Cotton Prevents Whitefly Attack
- Researchers Search for Drought-Related Transcription Factors in Common Bean
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Geminivirus-Mediated Genome Editing in Potato Using Sequence-Specific Nucleases
- Researchers Engineer Potyvirus Resistance in Arabidopsis Using CRISPR/Cas9
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Trehalase Genes Regulate Expression of the Chitin Synthesis in Red Flour Beetle
- Biotech Crop Annual Updates and Biotech Trait Annual Updates
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (August 10, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (August 10, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (July 27, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: