Biotech Crop Annual Updates and Biotech Trait Annual UpdatesSeptember 14, 2016
ISAAA releases the updated series Biotech Crop Annual Updates. The series includes five short documents on biotech crops, namely: soybean, maize, cotton, canola, and alfalfa. Information in the series includes data on adoption, adopting countries, and benefits of each biotech crop.
Also available is the updated Biotech Trait Annual Updates, a summary of traits deployed in biotech crops. The publication also includes a short discussion about the benefits of biotech crops with such traits.
Information in these publications is based on ISAAA Brief 51, 20th Anniversary (1996 to 2015) of the Global Commercialization of Biotech Crops and Biotech Crop Highlights in 2015, authored by Clive James, Founder and Emeritus Chair of ISAAA.
The documents are available for download at the ISAAA website through the following links: http://www.isaaa.org/resources/publications/biotech_crop_annual_update/default.asp; http://www.isaaa.org/resources/publications/biotech_traits_annual_updates/download/default.asp
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO Projects Increase in Maize, Wheat, and Rice Grain Output
- Kanayo Nwanze Receives Inaugural Africa Food Prize
- Uganda's Minister of S&T Lauds Researchers on Biotech Innovations
- Kenya's National Biosafety Authority Gives GM Cotton Partial Nod
- Scientists Develop New Approach to Genetic Modification of Maize and Other Grains
- US EPA Approves New Agrisure® Trait Stack from Syngenta
- New Wheat Varieties with Dwarf Genes Show Promise
- South Asia Biotechnology Centre Invites Public Comments to Support GE Mustard
- Study Highlights Impact of Plant Breeding in the EU
- Fern Protein Expression in Cotton Prevents Whitefly Attack
- Researchers Search for Drought-Related Transcription Factors in Common Bean
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Geminivirus-Mediated Genome Editing in Potato Using Sequence-Specific Nucleases
- Researchers Engineer Potyvirus Resistance in Arabidopsis Using CRISPR/Cas9
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Trehalase Genes Regulate Expression of the Chitin Synthesis in Red Flour Beetle
- Biotech Crop Annual Updates and Biotech Trait Annual Updates
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (May 25, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (May 18, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (May 25, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: