Forest and Farm Producer Organizations-Operating Systems for the SDGsJune 22, 2016
Forest and farm producer groups are vital in achieving the expanding global need for food and forest products, as well as improving the lives in rural communities and reaching the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This point was highlighted in the publication by the Food and agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in cooperation with AgriCord.
Through the publication, FAO challenges governments, development partners, civil society, and the private sector to increase support to forest and farm producer organizations to enhance their ability to fulfill their role in sustainable global development.
Read the publication from FAO.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- New Report Says Bioenergy Can Support Food Security
- Ghanaian Scientists Urge Gov't to Invest in Agricultural Research
- Tanzania is Ready for GM Crops, Affirms Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Agri
- USSEC and USGC Collaborate to Highlight Science-based Regulatory System in EU
- ISAAA Launched 2015 Biotech Crops Report in Myanmar
- Scientists Find Animal Hormone Melatonin is Involved in Plant Stress Tolerance
- University of Leeds Study Reports Crop Breeding Not Keeping Pace with Climate Change
- Tissue-specific Expression of AtNPR1 Gene in Rice Confers Sheath Blight Resistance
- Identification and Characterization of Nicotianamine Synthase Genes in Bread Wheat
- Bt Eggplant Performance in the Philippines for the Control of the Eggplant Fruit and Shoot Borer
Beyond Crop Biotech
- U.S. FDA Approves First Experimental Zika Vaccine for Clinical Trials
- Rice University Researchers Synthesizes New Cancer Fighter
- E-cigarette Use Alter Genes Involved in Airway Immune Defense
- Program Management for Plant Breeders Course
- Forest and Farm Producer Organizations-Operating Systems for the SDGs
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (September 20, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 13, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: