USDA Announces Comment Period for GE Potato Assessment ResultsMay 6, 2015
The USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) released the draft environmental assessment (EA) and preliminary plant pest risk assessment (PPRA) of genetically engineered (GE) potato available for public comment this week in the Federal Register. This is in line with the petition of J.R. Simplot Company to deregulate the GE potato with resistance to late blight. The documents will be available for public review for 30 days.
Read the announcement from USDA APHIS.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Cause of Wheat Resistance to Scab Discovered
- Kenyan Farmers Visit South African GM Crops Fields
- USDA Announces Comment Period for GE Potato Assessment Results
- Canada Revises Draft Policy on LLP of GM Crop Imports
- Scientists Create Low-Allergen Soybean
- Ice Plant's Red Pigments to Improve Crops' Saline Tolerance
- Cross-Species Meta-Analysis Reveal Drought-adaptive Genes
- Folate Biofortified Rice Could Prevent Birth Defects
- Mycorrhiza Fungus Aids in Designing Better Crop Root System
- Scientists Use Proteomics to Compare GM and Non-GM Beans
- AKIN10 Delays Flowering by Inactivating IDD8 Transcription Factor in Arabidopsis
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Scientists Crack Bumblebee's Genome
- Researchers Find Protein Responsible for Orchid Shape
- Mitochondrial Genome of Silene noctiflora Undergoes Chromosome Gain/Loss
From the BICs
- Biotechnology the Way to Go, Miss Uganda
Subscribe to CBU: