Demand for Healthier Soybean Oil GrowsNovember 20, 2013
DuPont Pioneer and Perdue AgriBusiness will increase acreage contracted to farmers for Plenish® high oleic soybeans in 2014 in Salisbury, Maryland, USA.
"Maryland soybean farmers have a high regard for soybeans and the value the crop brings to the state's agricultural industry," said Randy Minton, DuPont Pioneer business director for the Eastern region. "The 2014 contract program will provide them an opportunity to strengthen market demand for the soybean industry and earn more income per bushel."
According to Pioneer, the high oleic soybean oil developed using advanced genetics and cutting-edge technologies, has 0g trans fat per serving and 20 percent less saturated fat than commodity soybean oil. Plenish high oleic soybeans are approaching completion of global regulatory approvals with over 96 percent of U.S. soybean export markets now approved.
For more information, read the press release at http://www.pioneer.com/home/site/about/news-media/news-releases/template.CONTENT/guid.17F567F5-5AF2-7ED8-A7D6-27BAA176DEA2.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Experts Identify New Approach to Tackling Food Insecurity, Climate Change
- China and US Can Work Together and Use Biotech to End Global Hunger
- Science Academies Call for Biotech Adoption in Africa
- FAO to Work Closely with AfricaRice to Improve Rice Production in Africa
- ICRISAT Opens Ethiopia Country Office
- Demand for Healthier Soybean Oil Grows
- USDA Funds Research to Improve Plant Production and Health
- New Technology to Help Food Crops Thrive in Crowded Fields
- Indonesia's Agri Official Promotes GM for Self-sufficiency in Food
- IRRI and Philippine DA Assess Rice Damage in Areas Affected by Typhoon Haiyan
- Rockefeller, Jr. Visits IRRI
- The Secret of Short Stems
- EFSA Still Validates Previous Opinions on GM Maize MON 863
- False Flax Can Produce High Levels of Omega-3 Oils
- Janabi Discusses Transformation from Anti-biotech Activist to Supporter of Biotech
- Collaborative Ring Trial of the Papaya Endogenous Reference Gene and Its PCR Assays for GMO Analysis
- Silencing of Carboxylesterase Gene to Weaken Aphids' Insecticide Tolerance
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Precision Gene Editing and Transgenic Monkeys to Study Human Diseases
- Collaboration on Breeding Disease, Heat Resistant Chicken
- New Approach to Identify Ecological Effects of Releasing GE Insects
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (October 5, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (October 5, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (September 28, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: