CGIAR Releases Guidelines on Management of Its Intellectual AssetsAugust 7, 2013
The board of Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) has approved the ‘Implementation Guidelines' for the CGIAR Principles on Management of Intellectual Assets (IA) which complement the set of principles approved and adopted by the consortium since March 2012 to govern its IA use.
CGIAR has implemented the guidelines as it recognizes that the sum of its past investments are embodied in its collective intellectual assets. These assets need to be effectively managed for the benefit of smallholder farmers all over the world. The additional information and illustrations aim to facilitate a better understanding of the CGIAR IA Principles and will guide their interpretation and coherent implementation across the CGIAR Consortium. The IA Implementation Guidelines apply to all 15 member Centers of the Consortium, particularly in the research activities carried out to implement its Strategy and Results Framework.
See CGIAR's news release at http://www.cgiar.org/consortium-news/managing-cgiar-intellectual-assets-for-the-benefit-of-smallholder-farmers/.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Scientists to Use Gene Sequencing to Combat Witchweed, Other Parasitic Plants
- CGIAR Releases Guidelines on Management of Its Intellectual Assets
- Newly-discovered Rice Gene for Drought Resistance
- New Seed Variety Unveiled in Kenya
- Ghanaian Journalists Trained in Biotechnology
- Vitamin A Cassava Launched in Nigeria
- AfricaRice Sets Up Region-wide Network of Rice Hubs
- Study on Plant Mechanism Gives New Perspective on Climate Research
- Argentine Scientists Develop Virus Resistant GM Potato
- New Research Could Lead to Better-Tasting, Disease Resistant Tomatoes
- IndoBIC Hosts a Break to Fasting Event for GM Crops
- Philippine Media Visit Golden Rice Screenhouse
- Scientists Discover Gene Resistant to Leaf Rust
- Vietnam's Biosafety Process Reported
- Scientists Identify Natural Plant Compound that Can Protect Maize from Leafhoppers
- USDA GAIN Report on Agribiotechnology in Russia
- Effect of High Temperature and Pressure on Transgene Content of Biotech Maize
- Meta-analysis: Bt Maize No Effect on 26 NTO in Spain
- Plant Genome Evolution in Amsterdam
- Distance Learning Course in Biosafety in Plant Biotechnology
- WTO and Decade of China Cotton
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (May 24, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 24, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: