Proprietary CRISPR Technology Accelerates Innovation in Agriculture Products, Supply Chains, and Production SystemsMay 24, 2023
A new technology called FULCRUMTM Platform has been launched by the agricultural company Pairwise. FULCRUM Platform is built on proprietary CRISPR technology and other gene editing tools, allowing Pairwise to make changes to crops quickly and successfully. This platform was used in Pairwise Conscious™ Foods products and the specialty and commodity crop products of its business partners.
In a five-year partnership with Bayer, Pairwise used the Fulcrum platform to identify nearly 200 unique gene sequences that can be changed to improve productivity and disease resistance across a variety of row crops, including a unique target in corn that has increased kernel rows by up to 20%.
Ian Miller, Chief Development Officer at Pairwise, said, "With the Fulcrum platform, we can make small genetic changes that deliver big product impacts. We call this approach the Seismic Tweak. The fact that we've gone from concept to product in just four years, with the recent launch of our gene-edited Conscious™ Greens, demonstrates our ability to solve complex challenges for society and industry alike at the pace demanded by today's marketplace."
For more details about this technology, read the news release from Pairwise.
You might also like:
- Conscious™ Foods Soon to Release Gene-Edited Leafy Greens
- Researchers to Improve Berries Using CRISPR Technology
- Pocket K No. 54: Plant Breeding Innovation: CRISPR-Cas9
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
Research and Tools
- CRISPR Used to Increase Glucoraphanin Content in Chinese Kale
- CRISPR Leafy Greens Now Available in US Market
- Proprietary CRISPR Technology Accelerates Innovation in Agriculture Products, Supply Chains, and Production Systems
Policy Considerations and Approvals
- Canada Updates Guidance To Promote Transparency of Gene Editing Regulatory Process
- EU MEP Says New Genetic Techniques to Innovate Farming and Help to Adapt to Climate Change
Trends and Impact
- Global Gene Editing Technologies Market Size And Forecast
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: