Monsanto Achieves Corn and Soybean Product Approvals in Latin AmericaOctober 15, 2010
Two genetically modified crops developed by Monsanto were given approvals in Latin America: Genuity® VT Triple PRO™ corn in Argentina and Bt Roundup Ready 2 Yield® (BtRR2Y) soybeans in Brazil.
In Argentina, the Genuity VT Triple PRO corn provides a broader spectrum of insect control for below-and above-ground insects and herbicide resistance technology. Hybrid registration for the product is expected to be completed in a month.
In Brazil, the BtRR2Y soybean was given full regulatory approval by the National Technical Biosafety Committee (CTNBio) for its insect resistance and glyphosate-tolerance. The variety will be introduced in Brazil after import approvals in important markets are secured.
Details on this news release can be seen at http://monsanto.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=885.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- ISAAA Launches "A Million Healing Hands to Help a Billion Hungry" Campaign
- Committee on World Food Security Works For Better Global Food Security Governance
- Public Biotech Research Towards Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture
- Trials on Drought Tolerant Maize to Start in November
- Food Prize Symposium Focuses On Small Farmers
- USDA Announces the Development of Biotech Quality Management System Program
- Monsanto Achieves Corn and Soybean Product Approvals in Latin America
- USDA Grants Protection to 12 New Plant Varieties
- Syngenta Opens New Agri-biotech R&D Facility in Singapore
- Floods Wash Away Pakistan's Crop Research Efforts
- Queensland Researchers Develop Disease Resistant Tomatoes
- Indonesia Seeks Comment on Food Safety Assessment of GM Soybean
- Vietnam to Plant GM Corn in 2011
- Filipino Farmers Push for Continuation of Bt Eggplant Field Trials and Biotech Education
- NAST President Points Out Bt Eggplant Will Benefit Both Farmers and Consumers
- Experts: Biotech Can Contribute to Food Security, Can Coexist with Organic Farming
- Ukraine to Invest on Agri to Help Fight Hunger
- Key to Mendel's Pea Flowers
- EC-JRC Summary Notification on GM Field Trials in Czech Republic
- Association Mapping for Fusarium Head Blight Resistance in European Soft Winter Wheat
- Scientists Produce Protein-rich Potato Tubers
- Transcription Factor Links Abscisic Acid and Gibberellin Interaction in Rice
- Sustainable Grain Production Courses Sow the Seeds of Expertise for Tomorrow's Harvest
- Cornell-Sathguru to Deliver Premier Seed Industry Program in Hyderabad, India
- AIAST-Tasmanian Division to Conduct Agricultural R & D Symposium
- The Gene Revolution - GM Crops and Farming Reality
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (December 7, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: