Biotech Company Launches Plant-Based CaseinSeptember 6, 2023
Biotech Company Pureture launched a plant-based casein that can be used for cheeses and other dairy products. This development will help reshape the alternative dairy industry.
Casein is a crucial part of animal-based dairy products. This protein produces a stable emulsion to prevent the separation of water and fat, which provides milk with a smooth texture. Due to the lack of casein, the majority of vegan cheeses lack certain aspects, such as stretchiness and meltability.
To recreate casein, researchers from Pureture used a proprietary technology and yeast-based, fully plant-based resources that provide comparable functionality to milk, as well as enhanced nutrition and taste. The innovation is lower-priced, sustainable, and replicates casein's important functions. It is also cleaner and does not require the use of gums, starches, and emulsifiers.
For more information, read the press release of Pureture.
You might also like:
- Food Tech Startup Recreates Dairy Protein Using Plant Ingredients
- Genetically Engineered Soybeans Produce Cow-less Cheese
- Welcome to the Future of Food
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- Stakeholders Support Commercial Cultivation of GM Cowpea in Ghana
- Philippines Approves Bt Cotton for Commercial Propagation
- COGEM Concludes Stacked GM Cotton T304-40 x GHB119 x COT102 Does Not Pose an Environmental Risk in the Netherlands
- Best-bet Communication Approaches on New Breeding Technologies Proposed at ABBC2023
- ISAAA and DA-FBC Educated Stakeholders About Mudfish Spawning Technology
- Biotech Company Launches Plant-Based Casein
- Study Highlights Impact of GE Crops in Global Agri Output
- Scientists Map Key Part of SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein
- Researchers Develop PCR-based Blood Diagnostic Test for Parkinson's Disease
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (December 7, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: