ISAAA Inc. to Hold ASCA6 on September 11-15 in IndonesiaJuly 12, 2023
ISAAA Inc. will hold the 6th Asian Short Course on Agribiotech, Biosafety Regulation and Communication (ASCA6) in Bogor, Indonesia on September 11-15, 2023. Interested parties can now pre-register.
ASCA is an annual training-workshop that aims to cater to participants who are interested to learn more about the following topics:
- entire value chain related to the research, development, commercialization, and trade of living modified organisms (LMOs);
- national and international legal instruments related to LMOs;
- effective communication of agri-biotechnology and biosafety regulation; and
- science diplomacy in international negotiations.
The course is a capacity building initiative of ISAAA Inc. and the Malaysian Biotechnology Information Centre (MABIC). It was first organized in 2018 as a platform for Asian scientists and regulators to be more competent in the regulations and policies related to biotechnology. Since then, the short course has been offered to promote strong collaboration among key biotechnology stakeholders for science and regulation to co-evolve and bring the benefits of modern biotechnology to society, while reducing its potential risks.
You might also like:
- Australia's Experience Highlights Importance of Regulations and Public Trust in Consumer Acceptance of Gene Editing
- Experts Highlight Impacts of Agri-biotech Adoption in Vietnam
- G20 Ag Ministers Commit to Work Together for Global Food Security Based on Sound Science
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- ISAAA Launches Pinoy Biotek Resource Page
- Researchers Pinpoint Gene that Could Help Cucumbers Survive Climate Change
- HB4® Wheat Receives Approval in Paraguay
- New Zealand Expands Research on GM Grasses
- ISAAA Inc. to Hold ASCA6 on September 11-15 in Indonesia
- CRISPR Used to Decrease the Population of Malaria-Spreading Mosquitoes
- Future Science Leaders Take Part in the 2nd Animal Biotechnology Stakeholder Consultation in PH
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (February 21, 2024)
- Gene Editing Supplement (February 14, 2024)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: