B-SAFE Webinar Series: Opportunities and Benefits of Aquaculture/Fishery Biotechnology to the Philippine Aquaculture/Fishery IndustryMarch 29, 2023
ISAAA Inc., in partnership with Winrock International through the Building Safe Agricultural Food Enterprises (B-SAFE) Project, will hold the webinar on Opportunities and Benefits of Aquaculture/Fishery Biotechnology to the Philippine Aquaculture/Fishery Industry on March 31, 2023, at 10:00 AM (GMT+8). Registration is now open.
The discussions will include the following:
- Global overview and applications of biotechnology in aquaculture/fishery biotechnology for food, agriculture, and climate change resiliency
- Opportunities and benefits of aquaculture/fishery biotechnology for the Philippine aquaculture/fishery industry
The online event is part of a webinar series to raise awareness of the general public on the impact of livestock and fishery biotechnology. It also aims to highlight the current opportunities and potential benefits of trait improvements related to food and agriculture and resilience to climate change. The webinar will feature Dr. Eric Hallerman, Professor at the Department of Fishery and Wildlife Conservation of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, and Dr. Mudjekeewis Santos, Career Scientist IV at the Philippine Department of Agriculture National Fisheries Research and Development Institute. ISAAA Inc. Executive Director Dr. Rhodora Romero-Aldemita will moderate the discussions.
Register for free to ensure a slot. To stay updated, visit the ISAAA Webinars page or follow ISAAA.org on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Watch previous ISAAA-B-SAFE webinars on demand on YouTube. For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might also like:
- Biotech Offers Promise in Global Livestock Industry
- Biotechnology Offers Options for Local Livestock Industry
- Modern Reproductive Technologies for Cattle Breeding
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- Climate Extremes Heat and Drought Reduce Crop Yields
- Onsite Seminar: Public Perception of Agri-biotech in the Philippines
- African Experts Call for Appropriate Regulatory Mechanisms for Biotech
- UK's Precision Breeding Bill Now an Act of Parliament
- B-SAFE Webinar Series: Opportunities and Benefits of Aquaculture/Fishery Biotechnology to the Philippine Aquaculture/Fishery Industry
- World's First-to-Market Cultivated Meat Receives U.S. FDA Clearance
- FAO Expects Return of Seeds from Space
- Plant Molecular Farming Promotes Accessibility, Reduced Costs of Pharmaceuticals
- Enzyme That Converts Air to Electricity Can Become New Source of Renewable Energy
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 22, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 15, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: