Onsite Seminar: Public Perception of Agri-biotech in the PhilippinesMarch 29, 2023
Researchers from the University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB) and partners surveyed agri-biotech stakeholders in the Philippines to understand their perceptions of modern biotechnology. The key findings will be presented in an onsite seminar titled Revisiting Public Perception of Agri-biotechnology, which will be held on March 30, 2023, from 2:00 to 4:00 PM at the UPLB Rural Economic Development and Renewable Energy Center (REDREC). The seminar is open to all.
The findings will be delivered by Dr. Cleofe S. Torres, Adjunct Professor at the College of Development Communication, UPLB. In 2016, Dr. Torres led a team of social researchers to study biotech perception in the Philippines and Indonesia. This was followed by other investigations on lawyers' perception, adoption and uptake pathways of Bt corn, and the latest perception study.
Dr. Roberto Revilla, Professor at Laguna State Polytechnic University will also present about the Challenges and Insights: Data Gathering in the Midst of Pandemic.
The study is part of the Know the Science project implemented by ISAAA Inc., Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), CDC-UPLB, and the Philippine Agriculture and Fisheries Biotechnology Program.
For more information, send an email to email@example.com.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- Climate Extremes Heat and Drought Reduce Crop Yields
- Onsite Seminar: Public Perception of Agri-biotech in the Philippines
- African Experts Call for Appropriate Regulatory Mechanisms for Biotech
- UK's Precision Breeding Bill Now an Act of Parliament
- B-SAFE Webinar Series: Opportunities and Benefits of Aquaculture/Fishery Biotechnology to the Philippine Aquaculture/Fishery Industry
- World's First-to-Market Cultivated Meat Receives U.S. FDA Clearance
- FAO Expects Return of Seeds from Space
- Plant Molecular Farming Promotes Accessibility, Reduced Costs of Pharmaceuticals
- Enzyme That Converts Air to Electricity Can Become New Source of Renewable Energy
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (December 7, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: