Updates on Golden Rice and Other Biotech Crops in the PhilippinesOctober 5, 2022
ISAAA Inc., in partnership with SEARCA Biotechnology Information Center and the Philippine Agriculture and Fisheries Biotechnology Program (DA-Biotech Program), will hold the Know the Science Webinars to present the latest developments in biotech crops in the Philippines. Registration is now open to the public.
The first webinar on the Current Status of Commercialized GM Crops in the Philippines: Biotech Corn and Golden Rice will be held on October 11, 2022, at 10 AM via Zoom. Dr. Gabriel O. Romero, Executive Director, Philippine Seed Industry Association, and Dr. Ronan G. Zagado, Program Leader, Golden Rice, DA Philippine Rice Research Institute, will present biotech corn and Golden Rice, respectively.
The second webinar, to be held on November 3, 2022, will tackle the Research and Development of Pinoy Biotech Products. Dr. Abraham Manalo, Assistant Professor at the National College of Public Administration and Governance, UP Diliman, and Dr. Edison C. Riñen, Bt Cotton Project Leader from the Philippine Fiber Industry Development Authority, will serve as the resource speakers.
This webinar series serves as a build-up activity for National Biotechnology Week. Attendance to these events is free and open to all. Attendees will get a certificate of participation after filling out the feedback form at the end of each webinar.
If you are interested in joining this webinar series, please register via Zoom.
You might also like:
- Golden Rice Now Approved for Commercial Planting in the Philippines
- Philippines Approves Bt Eggplant for Direct Use as Food, Feed, or for Processing
- Biotech Crops Continue to Benefit Smallholder Farmers in Developing Countries; More Products in the Pipeline for the Philippines
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO and WFP Forecast Food Insecurity in the Coming Months
- Historic Moment in Kenya as Government Lifts GMO Ban
- Tel Aviv University Researchers Enable Rust Resistance in Wheat
- Updates on Golden Rice and Other Biotech Crops in the Philippines
- ISAAA Webinar Explores Animal Biotech Prospects in the Philippines
- Researchers in Japan Identify Genes to Help Crops Against Flooding
- Scientists Genetically Engineer Mosquitoes that Can't Spread Malaria
- Scientists Test Efficacy of Alternate Insecticidal Gene for Cotton
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (December 1, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (November 23, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (December 1, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: