CRISPR Global Market to Increase by 24.6% in 2022March 2, 2022
The global CRISPR technology market is projected to increase from US$1,064.91 million in 2021 to US$1,327.27 million in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24.6%. This is according to CRISPR Technology Global Market Report 2022 released by ReportLinker.
The CRISPR technology market includes sales of CRISPR gene editing products and services such as design tools, plasmid and vector, CAS9 and G-RNA and delivery system products. The technology allows researchers to edit portions of the genome by removing, inserting, or changing DNA sequences. CRISPR-Cas9 is used in genome editing, genetic engineering, industrial biotech, biological research, agricultural research, therapeutics, and drug discovery.
According to the report, the primary reason for the market expansion is the resumption of operations of the companies using CRISPR after recovering from the impact of COVID-19 pandemic. By 2026, the CRISPR technology market is expected to reach US$3,112.26 million at a CAGR of 23.7%. The use of CRISPR technology as a diagnostic tool is expected to boost the market, particularly for infectious diseases such as COVID-19.
Get the summary of the report from ReportLinker.
You might also like:
- Pocket K No. 54: Plant Breeding Innovation: CRISPR-Cas9
- Gene Editing Market Recovers from COVID-19 Impact
- CRISPR Continues to Drive Gene Editing Market Growth, Report
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Scientists from 17 Countries Call to Share Genetic Data Fairly and Promote Conservation
- Nigeria Strives to Improve National Biosafety System
- Ukraine Crisis Underscores Need for Long-term Solutions for Global Food Security
- Australia's OGTR Receives Application for Commercial Release of GM Indian Mustard
- Scientists Look Deeper into Rice Using the Power of a Million Suns
- Bt Maize Exhibits Protection Against Stem Borers in Uganda
- Study Confirms Food and Feed Safety of DHA Canola
- Salt-tolerance Trait from Arabidopsis Relative Found Effective for Cotton
- CRISPR Global Market to Increase by 24.6% in 2022
- Scientists Identify Efficient Guides to Develop Herbicide Tolerant Tomatoes Using CRISPR-Cas9
- Chinese Experts Develop Fragrant Sorghum Using CRISPR
- Health Canada Approves COVIFENZ®, Medicago's Plant-based COVID-19 Vaccine
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (May 24, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: