ISAAA Webinar: Innovative Tools for Crop BreedingMarch 17, 2021
ISAAA SEAsiaCenter will hold a public webinar on Innovative Tools in Crop Breeding on March 25, 2021, at 7 PM GMT+8 via Zoom. The webinar will highlight the most used technologies in genome editing: transcription activator-like effector nucleases (TALENs) and clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR).
The webinar aims to tackle the following details on TALENs and CRISPR:
- basic concepts
- potential impacts
- commercialized products
- products in the pipeline
Dr. Diana Horvath, President of 2Blades Foundation, will present TALENs technology, while CRISPR will be tackled by Dr. Jose Botella, Professor of Plant Biotechnology at the University of Queensland, Australia. ISAAA SEAsiaCenter Director Dr. Rhodora Romero-Aldemita will moderate the discussions.
Registration to this event is free and open to all. Sign up now at bit.ly/CropBreedingInnovativeTools.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Gene Discovery to Help Peaches Adapt to Climate Change
- Study Shows Rising Temperatures Hurt Rice Yields
- Bacterial Strains Isolated in International Space Station Could Help Grow Plants in Mars
- Experts Highlight Importance of Scicom and Farmer Adoption in Building Knowledge on Biotech
- Invasive Weed Extract Could Help Treat Cancer and Type 2 Diabetes
- Food Security as Important as National Security: Punjab Agri Minister
- New South Wales Lifts 18-year Ban on GM Crops
- Discovery Ends Long-Standing Photosynthesis Controversy
- OsMBD707 Overexpression Leads to Changes in Rice Growth and Development
- Multiple Statistical Analyses Show Compositional Equivalence of Bt and non-Bt Rice Varieties
- ISAAA Webinar: Innovative Tools for Crop Breeding
- Study Reveals SARS-CoV-2 Jumped from Bats to Humans without Much Change
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: