ANU Book Presents Stories of Communicating Science in 39 CountriesSeptember 16, 2020
How did science communication emerge as a field of study and a body of practice? How has development varied from one country to another? What motivated governments, institutions, and people to regard it as answer to social position of science? Australian National University (ANU) released the book, Communicating Science: A Global Perspective, which answers these relevant questions.
The book describes the science communication pathways followed by 39 countries, representing all continents and several cultures. Some countries told their stories on science communication for the first time. The book also charts the investments around the globe in science centers, university courses and research, publications, and conferences related to science communication.
The book is edited by Toss Gascoigne, Bernard Schiele, Joan Leach, Michelle Riedlinger, Bruce V. Lewenstein, Luisa Massarani, and Peter Broks.
Download or purchase a copy from ANU Press.
You might also like:
- Communication Challenges and Convergence in Crop Biotechnology
- Straight from the Scientists: Biotech Experts' Perspectives and Experiences in Informing the Public
- From Fear to Facts:17 Years of Agri-biotech Reporting in the Philippines (2000-2016)
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- ANU Book Presents Stories of Communicating Science in 39 Countries
- FAO Reports Lack of Progress in Achieving SDG
- Research Reveals New Insights to Advance Cassava Breeding
- Massive-scale Genomic Study of Almost 80,000 Accessions Reveals Wheat Diversity
- Gene Editing Produces Livestock ‘Surrogate Sires' Successfully Made Fertile
- PH Government Grants GM Corn Seeds, Farm Inputs to Farmers Association's Model Farm
- Research Team Lays Foundation for Crops with Resistance to Combined Climatic Stresses
- cry1Ab Transgene Segregation Patterns of GM Maize Documented
- Research Pinpoints GDSL Esterase/Lipase Protein Vital for Anther and Pollen Development
- CRISPR-Cas9 Elucidates Seed Shattering Reduction during Rice Domestication
- Study Finds COVID-19 Virus Remains in Stool Samples
- Researchers Discover SARS-CoV-2 Uses Heparan Sulfate to Get Inside Cells
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (September 20, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 13, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: