CRISPR Technology Market Growing RapidlyMay 29, 2019
Global CRISPR technology market is valued at USD449.6 million in 2017 and is projected to grow by over 25% in 2018 to 2025, according to the market trends report of All Market Insights. The growing adoption of CRISPR technology is attributed to the increasing funding support granted by governments and private institutions to this promising technology. According to the Congressional Research Service (U.S.), the National Institutes of Health increased their research funding on CRISPR-related research from US$5.1 million in 2011 to $603 million in 2016. NIH confirmed this increase in CRISPR support when they reported that their funding for CRISPR research reached approximately US$981 million from 2006 to 2016.
The report also highlighted that the key regions in the CRISPR technology market are North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. The main reasons for North America's dominance in the market are increasing government and private funding; the adoption of CRISPR in biomedical, agricultural and industrial applications; and the presence of major pharmaceutical and gene therapy countries in the region.
Read more details from All Market Insights.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO Launches New Initiative to Seek Support for Family Farmers
- Consumers' Attitude Towards GM Food is Based on Their Understanding of the Science Behind It
- Researchers Discover Genetic Regulators for Starch and Protein in Maize
- Scientists Shed New Light on Photosynthetic Supercomplex Structure
- Brazil's CTNBio Gives Commercial Approval to HB4 Soybeans
- Australian OGTR Approves GM Chickpea Field Trial
- Max Planck Society Presents Position on Genome Editing
- Plant Proteins Identified to Play Roles on Cell Protection against Self-Harm
- Study Shows that Nearby Crop Diversity Mediates the Effect of Bt Cotton on Insect Community
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Burger King's New Plant-Based Burger Now Available in Sweden, Soon in Asia
- GM Bacteria Offer Ecological Solution to Synthetic Fertilizer
- Pocket K No. 57: Impact of GM Crops on Soil Health
- CRISPR Technology Market Growing Rapidly
- CRISPR-Cas9 Used in Targeted Nucleotide Substitution in Rice Blast Fungus
- 14 EU Countries Call for Unified Approach to Gene Editing in Plants
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: