US President Donald Trump Mentions Biotechnology at AFBF ConventionJanuary 17, 2018
The American Farm Bureau Federation's 2018 Annual Convention held in Nashville, Tennessee on January 5-10, 2018 was addressed by the US President Donald J. Trump. On January 8, the President said, "We are streamlining regulations that have blocked cutting-edge biotechnology, setting free our farmers to innovate, thrive, and to grow." His remarks were delivered to 7,400 farmers and ranchers gathered at the Convention.
President Trump signed two executive orders that fund and streamline the expansion of rural broadband access. His address decried the costs of excessive regulation, and touched on issues of particular importance to agriculturists such as regulations, labor and trade.
For more details, including a high resolution video of President Trump's address, read the news article at the AFBF Newsroom.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Prices of Food Decline in December 2017
- Northern Corn Leaf Blight Genes Now Identified
- US President Donald Trump Mentions Biotechnology at AFBF Convention
- NRGene Reports First-ever Food Potato Genomes
- SABC and ISCI Release "Cotton Bollworm Management Strategy" for India
- Space Age Plant Breeding Paves the Way for Future Crops
- Study Reveals How Climate Change Alters Plant Growth
- Vietnamese Researchers Analyze Function of Arabidopsis ERF8 Expressed in E. coli
- Biofortification of Beta-carotene in Cassava Enhances Provitamin A Content and Shelf Life
- Generating RNA Virus Resistance in Plants by Harnessing the CRISPR Immune System
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Wearable Sensors to Measure Water Use in Plants
- Indigo Dye from Genetically Engineered Bacteria
- Trending News on Crop Biotech in 2017
- Development of Glutinous Rice via CRISPR-Cas9 Mutagenesis in Elite Rice Variety
- Researchers Study the Function of FRUCTOKINASE-LIKE PROTEIN 1 in Rice Using CRISPR-Cas9
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (October 4, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: