Watch the First Commercial Arctic® Apple Trees Being PlantedMay 10, 2017
This spring, the first commercial Arctic® apples were planted in Washington State, a step closer to bringing the first truly nonbrowning apple varieties, Arctic® Granny and Arctic® Golden available to eager consumers. Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. captured the momentous occasion on film to share the experience with everyone.
Watch the video on Artic® Apples Youtube Channel.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- ISAAA Presents 2016 Annual Report on GM Crops Adoption in Beijing
- Kenyan Maize and Cotton Farmers Petition for Bt Maize and Bt Cotton Seeds
- International Consortium Releases Barley Genome Sequence
- Study Finds Unexpected Strategy to Delay or Reverse Evolution of Resistance by Pests to GM Crops
- Brazil Leads the Developing Countries in GM Crop Adoption
- US Gov't Plans to Counter ‘Misinformation' on Agri-biotech Products
- In Future Climates, Modified Soybeans Yield More
- Wheat Multipathogen Resistance Gene Confers Anthracnose and Rust Resistance in Sorghum
- CaDIR1 Gene Regulates the Drought Stress Response in Pepper
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Development of Canker-Resistant Citrus through CRISPR-Cas9 Editing of Susceptibility Gene Promoter
Beyond Crop Biotech
- US FDA Approves DIY Genetic Test Kit
- Tea Tree Genome Reveals Insights on Its Flavor, Evolution of Caffeine Biosynthesis
- Pioneering Women in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Biotechnology
- Engineering Our Food: A Discussion of Genetically Modified Foods
- Watch the First Commercial Arctic® Apple Trees Being Planted
Subscribe to CBU: