The Petri Dish is Now OnlineApril 6, 2017
The Petri Dish, the first science newspaper in Malaysia published by the Malaysian Biotechnology Information Centre (MABIC) is now available through a full-fledged online portal at www.thepetridish.my.
The newspaper has been circulated to all key stakeholders in the biotechnology circle in Malaysia for the past seven years, including the ministers. With the aim of getting biotechnology news to a wider audience, especially the general public, MABIC has launched the digital portal. Through the portal, it is hoped that the public will be more receptive to emerging technologies, and policymakers will be able to make informed decisions on policies, regulations, and funding while encouraging the younger people to pursue STEM education and careers.
Subscription to the portal is now available at The Petri Dish.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Parliamentary Journalists Support Dialogue on the Biotech and Biosafety Bill Passage in Uganda
- Kenyan Youth Farmers Call for Adoption of WEMA Bt Maize
- Senegal Ready for GMOs, Says President Macky Sall
- Researchers Reveal Family Tree of Microorganisms Responsible for Photosynthesis
- Survey Reveals 90% of Rural Producers in Brazil Recognize Importance of Biotechnology
- Scientists Develop GE Rice that Flower on Demand
- Oxford University Starts Research on Marijuana
- Chitinase Gene Confers Enhanced Resistance Against Rice Sheath Blight
- Gm1-MMP Enhances Tolerance to High Temperature and Humidity in Arabidopsis
Beyond Crop Biotech
- USDA Scientists Use Biotech Tools to Improve Guayule Plant As Natural Source of Tire Rubber
- Overexpression of AtSHN1 in Mulberry Reduces Postharvest Water Loss in Leaves
- The Petri Dish is Now Online
- Are GMOs Good or Bad? Genetic Engineering & Our Food
- Rapid Breeding of Parthenocarpic Tomato using CRISPR-Cas9
- CRISPR-Cas9 and -Cpf1-mediated Editing of the Stomatal Development Gene in Rice
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (September 20, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 13, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: