The Petri Dish Goes OnlineMarch 15, 2017
The Petri Dish, the first science newspaper in Malaysia published by the Malaysian Biotechnology Information Centre (MABIC) is now a full-fledged online portal at www.thepetridish.my.
The newspaper has been circulated to all key stakeholders in the biotechnology circle in Malaysia for the past seven years, including the ministers. With an aim of getting biotechnology news to a wider audience, especially the general public, MABIC has initiated the digital portal. With this new portal, it is hoped that the public will be more receptive to emerging technologies, and policymakers will be able to make informed decisions on policies, regulations, and funding, while encouraging the younger people to pursue STEM education and careers.
Subscription to the portal is now open at The Petri Dish.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Religious Leaders in Uganda Learn about New Agricultural Technologies
- Ethiopian Environment Minister Promotes Biotech to Address Food and Economic Challenges
- US Joins the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture
- Cornell University Professor Advocates Consumption of GMOs
- University of Arizona Scientist Develops Aflatoxin-free Corn Using RNA from Fungus
- Benefits of Plant Science to ASEAN's Smallholder Farmers Highlighted at Jakarta Forum
- Indian Universities Develop Bt Cotton Varieties with Reusable Seeds
- Agricultural Academy of Japan Proposes Conduct of Confined Field Trial of GM Crops
- Scientists Investigate Effects of GE Maize on Arthropod Food Webs
- Citrus Psorosis Virus Coat Protein-derived Construct Confers Resistance in Citrus against Psorosis
Plant Breeding Innovations
- CRISPR/Cas9-based Gene Knockout in Watermelon
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Tilapia Fish Holds Genetic Key to Salt Tolerance
- ESF Scientists Develop Transgenic American Chestnut Trees
- Voices and Views: Messages to the Public
- The Petri Dish Goes Online
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (January 25, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (January 18, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (January 25, 2023)
Subscribe to CBU: