Infographic: How do GMOs Help Preserve H2O?August 31, 2016
For World Water Week 2016, GMO Answers celebrated the theme Water for Sustainable Growth with the release of a new infographic to educate consumers on how genetically modified organisms (GMOs) help in conserving water usage in agriculture.
The infographic, How do GMOs Help Preserve H2O, presents how GMOs help conserve water and prevent soil erosion. It also states that drought tolerant crops increase yield, while reducing irrigation requirements.
Download the infographic at the GMO Answers website.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- GM Seeds Market Growth to Increase through 2020 Due to Rise in Biofuels Use
- Tanzania Minister Asks Ugandan Researchers to Help Farmers
- Kenyan County Executives of Health, Environment and Agri Call for Lifting of GMO Ban
- Cornell University and edX Offer GMO-focused Massive Open Online Course
- FSANZ Calls for Submissions on GM Potato
- Confined Field Trial of GM Maize MON810 Starts in Vietnam
- Large Scale Field Trial of GM Maize MIR162 in Son La, Vietnam
- EFSA Publishes Scientific Opinion for Market Release of Five-Event Stack Maize
- Gshdz4 Gene from Wild Soybean Regulates Bicarbonate Tolerance in Arabidopsis
- Cotton Gene GhRaf19 Confers Cold Resistance but Negatively Regulates Drought and Salt Tolerance
Plant Breeding Innovations
- ARGOS8 Variants Generated via CRISPR-Cas9 Improve Maize Grain Yield
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Improving Betulinic Acid Production in Betula platyphylla
- Kenyan Scientist Receives the 2016 Norman Borlaug Award
- Infographic: How do GMOs Help Preserve H2O?
- Biotech Country Facts and Trends
Subscribe to CBU: