Charu Mayee Awarded "Majha Sheti Sanman Puraskar"February 10, 2016
The Naam Foundation of the renowned Bollywood actor Nana Patekar and Marthi News Channel ABP Majha has awarded Dr. Charu Mayee with Majha Sheti Sanman Puraskar for his untiring work in delivering innovation in Indian agriculture. The award was presented to Dr. Mayee by Nana Patekar and fellow actor Makrand Anaspure, together with the 'water man' of India Mr. Rajendra Singh at an event organized by ABP Majha, a Marathi news channel.
Dr. Mayee, a member of ISAAA's Board of Directors, was born at Sakharkherda District Buldana of Maharashtra State, and has made enormous contributions in the field of epidemiology and was instrumental in the evaluation and commercial approval of Bt cotton India in 2002. Dr. Mayee served as Vice Chancellor of Marathwada Agricultural University, Parbhani; Director of ICAR Central Institute of Cotton Research, Agricultural Commissioner of Government of India, and the Chairman of the Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB). Post retirement, he lives happily with this son who is an ophthalmologist based in Nagpur, Maharashtra. Dr. Mayee is currently the President of the South Asia Biotechnology Centre (SABC), New Delhi.
For more information about Naam Foundation, Dr. Mayees's award, and Nana Patekar's speech, visit the HQvdos website.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Naturally Occurring Plant Enzyme to Increase Wheat Yields
- "Molecular Memory" Helps Plants Remember Daylight During Winter
- Study Explains How Corn Plants Fight Off Simultaneous Attacks
- Ancient Gene Network Helps Plants Adapt to Their Environments
- Charu Mayee Awarded "Majha Sheti Sanman Puraskar"
- Punjab Seed Council Approves New Seedless Citrus
- 4th Public Consultation Held for Revised GM Regulatory Guidelines in the Philippines
- Vitamin B6 Role in Plants Discovered
- Scientists Uncover Signalling Pathway of Long-Established Immune Receptor
- Comparative Analysis of Cotton Near Isogenic Lines Reveal Genes Related to High Fiber Strength
- Metabolic Engineering of Terpene Biosynthesis using a Transcription Factor MsYABBY5 from Spearmint
- Development of a Novel Transgenic Cotton to Control Bollworm
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Researchers Identify Genetic Makeup of Dangerous E. coli Strains
- WSU Researchers Discover How a Helpful Protein Can also Cause Cancer
From the BICs
- Philippine and Thailand BICs Join Cornell Alliance for Science Asia Leadership Course
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: