ISAAA Report Launched in Ivory CoastJuly 29, 2015
ISAAA AfriCenter in partnership with the Ivorian Agricultural Research Institute (Centre National de Recherche Agronomique (CNRA), and CropLife West Africa launched the ISAAA annual global status report on GM crops (Brief 49) on June 16, 2015 in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. Some 56 participants, among them, scientists, journalists, civil society, farmer representatives as well as officials from the Ministry of Agriculture, Science and Technology and Environment, attended the event.
ISAAA AfriCenter Program Officer Brigitte Bitta presented the ISAAA report. Participants were acquainted with the status of biotechnology research and biosafety in the country. Dr. Moussa Sawadogo, the Environmental Biosafety Program Officer at the African Biosafety Network of Expertise (ABNE), Burkina Faso, presented the status of biosafety regimes in Africa and highlighted the experience of Burkina Faso in commercializing Bt cotton.
Dr. Kouassi Nazaire, president of the organizing committee announced the imminent creation of the Ivorian Association of biotechnology and invited interested participants to adhere to it in order to join efforts in giving balanced information on biotechnology to stakeholders.
For more details, contact Margaret Karembu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Liebert Features Women in Biotechnology Law and Regulation
- Agri-biotech and Biosafety Communication Training in Malawi
- Bacterial Protein Activates Rice Immune System
- USDA APHIS Deregulates Enlist Cotton Trait
- GM Rice Produces High Yield, Less GHG Emissions
- U.S. House of Representatives Passes Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act
- India's PM Modi Releases ICAR 'Vision 2050'
- OGTR Receives License Application for Commercial Release of GM Canola
- Philippine Region 2 Farmers Eager to Grow Bt Eggplant
- Turkish Biosafety Board Approves 5 Biotech Traits
- Overexpression of Stress-Associated Protein from Rice Increases Salt Tolerance in Arabidopsis
- Rice Allelle Early flowering1 Affects Spikelet Fertility through Gibberellic Acid Signaling
Beyond Crop Biotech
- TOPLESS Plants Give Insights in Human Signaling Mechanisms
From the BICs
- ISAAA Report Launched in Ivory Coast
- ISAAA Releases New Myths and Facts Booklet
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: