Filipino Film Makers Express Views on Biotech thru Short VideosDecember 3, 2014
ISAAA and SEARCA Biotechnology Information Center sought the perspectives of Filipino film makers on the benefits of biotechnology in agriculture through Biotech Shorties, a video-making contest. The winners of the contest were announced during the closing ceremonies of the 10th National Biotechnology Week held at the Main Office of Commission on Higher Education (CHED) in Quezon City, Philippines.
Ms. Marielle C. Cruz from the Polytechnic University of the Philippines bagged the grand prize for the amateur category of the "Biotech in Everyday Life" theme with her entry titled Mga Kwentong Bt ni Mang Luis (Bt Stories of Mang Luis). Ms. Michaella Louise Candelario of University of the Philippines Los Baños won the grand prize for the amateur category of the theme "Potential Benefits of Bt Eggplant".
The first prize for the professional category went to Ms. Anna Cherylle Ramos of the University of Sto. Tomas for her entry entitled Discovering the Extraordinary in our Ordinary Lives. Meanwhile, Alvin Quiel Sabanal from Calamba, Laguna grabbed the second prize for the same category.
The Biotech Shorties was a joint project of ISAAA and SEARCA BIC with support from the Agricultural Biotechnology Support Project II (ABSP II).
View the videos at http://www.isaaa.org/resources/videos/biotechshorties/default.asp. For more information about Biotech Shorties, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Genes for Bitter Taste of Wild Cucumber Revealed
- Researchers Identify Strategies on How to Scale out Agri Technologies
- Improved Sorghum Exhibit Tolerance against Sugarcane Aphids
- Nutrition and Safety Key to Consumer Acceptance of GM Foods
- Hawaii County GM Crop Ban Ordinance Invalid-Federal Judge
- Former UP Head Cites Biotech's Role in Asean Integration
- SEAsian Regulators and Researchers Brush Up on Safety Evaluation of Biotech Crops
- Filipino Film Makers Express Views on Biotech thru Short Videos
- Improving Chickpea with High Iron and Zinc Levels
- Tri-trophic Study Show that Bt Crops are Not Toxic to Insect Predator, Assassin Bug
- Effect of Ozone Stress on Soybean Productivity
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Button Mushroom, Improvements and Protection
- International Consortium Releases Genome Sequence of Malaria-Carrying Mosquitoes
From the BICs
- Workshop on Biotechnology in Bangladesh Focuses on Bt Brinjal
- Plant and Animal Genome Conference
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (June 7, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: