Vietnam's Regulatory Circular to Take EffectApril 2, 2014
The Circular No 02/2014/TT-BNNPTNT dated 24 January 2014 of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development regulating the order and procedures for granting and revoking the certificate for transgenic plants eligible for feed and food use will begin to take effect from March 10, 2014.
The Circular consists of 4 chapters, 18 articles and 11 attached Appendix. The main contents of the Circular, includes processes and procedures for granting and revoking certificate of transgenic plants eligible for food and feed use and activities of the council for biosafety of GM food and feed. The Circular also gave criteria for risk assessment of biotech crops for food and feed use that include assessment of nutrient and metabolite content as well as new substance effects.
Read more at http://antoansinhhoc.vn/Noi-dung/Bo-NNPTNT-ban-hanh-Thong-tu-quy-dinh-trinh-tu-thu-tuc-cap-va-thu-hoi-Giay-xac-nhan-thuc-vat-bien-doi-gen-du-dieu-kien-su-dung-lam-thuc-pham-thuc-an-chan-nuoi/2453067.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- New International Partnership Aims to Increase Wheat Yields
- ISAAA Report on GM Crops Launched in Burkina Faso, South Africa, and Kenya
- Uganda Launches 2013 Global Status Report
- UN Announces First Countries Set to Benefit from African-Led Food Security Fund
- FAO DG: Africa's Youth Key to Strengthening Agricultural Economy
- ACSH Releases New Publication on GM Food
- Engineered Bacteria Produce Biofuel Alternative for Rocket Fuel
- Philippine DA Regulators and Crop Researchers Train on Biotech Communication
- Vietnam's Regulatory Circular to Take Effect
- GEAC Allows Field Trials of 11 New Varieties of Biotech Crops in India
- BARI DG Faced the Media on Bt Brinjal Commercialization
- ISAAA Produces Infographic on "7 Wonders of Bt Cotton"
- Scientists Identify Sugar Transporter for Nectar Production
- GOLDEN2-LIKE Transcription factors: Keys to Tomato Development
- Genetic Analysis of Verticillium Wilt Resistance in Biotech Cotton
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Study Finds Math Anxiety Can be Due to Genetic Factors
- OSU Scientists Discover Protein Linked to Spread of Breast Cancer Cells
- Synthetic Biology Congress
- World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology
Top Ten Facts on Global Biotech/GM Crops 2013 in 52 Languages
Subscribe to CBU: