Realizing Africa's Rice PromiseNovember 27, 2013
Realizing Africa's Rice Promise– published jointly by CABI and the Africa Rice Center and edited by Marco C.S. Wopereis, David E. Johnson, Nourollah Ahmadi, Eric Tollens, and Abdulai Jalloh – provides a comprehensive overview of the rice sector in Africa and the ongoing rice research and development activities in the region.
The book discusses challenges and opportunities related to sustain ably increasing rice production and rice productivity; enhancing rice quality and marketing; promoting conducive policies for smallholder and agribusiness development; and strengthening impact-oriented rice research, extension, and knowledge management.
For more information, visit http://africarice.blogspot.com/2013/11/realizing-africas-rice-promise-new-cabi.html.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Scientists Develop Disease Resistant Pea Lines
- International Team Sequences Fungus Known for Plant Root Symbiosis
- Learning from Burkinabe Farmers' Experiences with Bt Cotton
- Scientists Reveal Historic Footprints of Monkey Flower's Mutation
- Canadian Government Invests in Ug99 Wheat Research
- Ramping Up Phytochemical Pterostilbene in Crops
- Increasing Cropping Frequency to Boost Food Production
- Experts Discover Corn Mutant that can Resist Rootworm Beetles
- Symposia and Cartoon Contest Promote Understanding of Biotechnology in Japan
- Philippine Department of Education Recognizes Key Role of Biotech in National Development
- CAS Academician Highlights Significance of Genetic Science
- Experts Enlighten Malaysia MPs on Biotech
- Chinese Scientists Reveal the Genomic Enigma of Desert Poplar
- A Plant which Acclimatizes with No Exterior Influence
- Scientists Investigate Asian Corn Borer Larvae's Mechanism of Tolerance to Bt Toxins
- Overexpression of Soybean SAMT gene Confers Resistance to Soybean Cyst Nematode
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Researchers Produce Campylobacter Genome Map
- Frontiers in Plant Research - A Workshop for New Plant Scientists
- Fourth International Rice Congress
- Realizing Africa's Rice Promise
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (March 22, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (March 22, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: