Launch of the New NEXGROW AlfalfaJune 22, 2012
NEXGROW™ alfalfa, the new brand name for the Syngenta and NK® brand of alfalfas has been launched recently. NEXGROW™ alfalfa provides producers the same high yield and forage quality as the former Syngenta and NK® alfalfas.
Grant Ozipko, Syngenta crop portfolio head said. "Grower favorites like 6422Q, the top winner at World Dairy Expo's 2011 World Forage Analysis Superbowl, will be available along with varieties that are glyphosate tolerant or highly resistant to potato leafhopper."
This brand will also offer next generation glyphosate tolerant varieties, such as Revolt; and superior late fall dormant varieties with exceptional winter hardiness.
For more information on NEXGROW™ alfalfa, visit http://www.plantNEXGROW.com.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- CGIAR Issues Call to Action for Global Leaders Attending Rio+20 Meet
- Two Events in Rio+20 Discuss Sustaining Agriculture Amid Various Threats
- FAO, IFAD, WFP, Bioversity Cite Food Security as Key Player in Sustainable Development
- Revised Multi-Crop Passport Descriptors Now Out
- Scientists Discuss Importance of Agri-biotech
- Rwanda Releases Iron-rich Beans
- Juma: Biotech has the Potential for Success in Kenya Just Like Mobile Phone
- Kyetere: Improved Seeds and Technology Needed for Smallholder Farmers
- A Roundtable on Opportunities In Science, Technology And Innovation In Egypt
- Biosafety of GMO Workshop in Egypt
- Breeding Options for Adaptation of Pearl Millet and Sorghum to Climate Variability in West Africa
- Scientists Call for Increase in Refuge Percentage
- Improved Potato Varieties Ensure Food Security in Peruvian Communities
- U of S, Kenyan and Ethiopian Partnership to Combat Hunger
- USDA Secretary Vilsack Challenges Seed Industry
- Launch of the New NEXGROW Alfalfa
- The Importance of Addressing Stacked Traits Issues in Agbiotech Dev't Projects
- Castor Bean As New Biodiesel Crop
- Investments Aim to Crack Wheat's "Tough Nuts"
- Evogene and Rasi Seeds to Develop Better Rice
- GM Oilseed to Produce More Healthful Oil
- New Website to Support Wheat Research
- Germany Sends Mixed Messages on Agricultural Biotechnology
- 10 Years Integrated Research Delivers for Improved and Safer Food Chain in the EU
- Bt Cotton Adoption Promotes Biocontrol Services
- Field Performance of GM Egyptian Cotton Varieties Expressing Bt Toxins Against Bollworms
- Effects of Pathogenic Roundworms on Evolution of Pink Bollworm Resistance to Cry1Ac
Beyond Crop Biotech
- EFSA's Public Consultation on Draft Guidance on ERA of GM Animals
- Proceedings of International Workshop for Islamic Scholars on Agri-biotechnology
- Meeting the Challenges of Global Climate Change and Food Security through Innovative Maize Research
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (September 20, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 13, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: