ISAAA Releases Two New Videos on "Biotech Agriculture"May 21, 2010
Adding to a six-part series of short videos which highlights Dr. Norman Borlaug's legacy, the International Service for the Acquisition of Agri-biotech Applications (ISAAA) releases two new videos "14 years of Biotech Agriculture" and "Global Biotech Crops Report 2009".
A short video "14 years of Biotech Agriculture" is an information capsule on the commercialization of biotech crops between 1996 to 2009. In the biotech capsule, Dr. Clive James summaries the impact of 14 years of biotech agriculture in which millions of farmers benefited significantly by growing millions of acres of biotech crops in both developing and industrial countries around the world. The capsule also highlights impact of Bt cotton in India, Bt maize in the Philippines, Biotech crops in Africa and future prospects of biotech crops in agriculture including golden rice.
The "Global Biotech Crops Report 2009" video is a comprehensive review of the global status of biotech crops including an expert commentary on recent developments on Bt rice and phytase maize in China, a perspective on the development of biotech wheat and spread of biotech crops in the world. These videos are available on ISAAA website for free downloads to various stakeholders for scientific, academic and developmental purposes.
For free download visit ISAAA website at http://www.isaaa.org/resources/videos/14yearsofbiotechagriculture/default.asp and http://www.isaaa.org/resources/videos/globalbiotechcropsreport2009/default.asp
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Economic Crisis Threatens Agriculture in Europe and Asia
- BREAD Grants for Basic Agricultural Research
- Kenya Launches National Biosafety Authority Board
- Biosafety Law Translated in Local Languages of Burkina Faso
- Soil Bacteria and Fungi as Effective Bio-fertilizers
- Peruvian Scientist Gets Appeal from Supreme Court
- FDA Oks Use of Vistive Gold Soybean Oil
- Scientists Release Biocontrol for Waterhyacinth
- Implementing Holistic Food Policies: Strategy for Improving National Security
- Aphid's Chemical Signals as Biocontrol Agent Against Itself
- Panel Discussion about Public Perceptions on Adoption of Agri Biotech
- Monsanto Donates Seeds to Haiti
- Chinese Scientists Complete First Multi-crop Large-scale Evaluation of GM Ecological Impacts
- Social Responsibility in Promoting Transgenics
- New CIAT-HarvestPlus Office Inaugurated in India
- EFSA Oks GM Maize Varieties
- Optimal Ecology of Bioinsecticide
- Effects of Bt Corn on the Reproduction of Non-target Pest Corn Leafhopper
- Biological Clock Controls Carbohydrate Metabolism in Arabidopsis at night
- Developing DNA Markers of Rice Blast Resistance Gene Locus
- International Seminar on Horticulture to Support Food Security 2010
- ISAAA Releases Two New Videos on "Biotech Agriculture"
- BioLatina 2010 in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- International Biotech Seminar and the 5th KBI Congress 2010
- TERI-ITEC Biosafety Training Program for African Nationals
- CBU Feedback Survey
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (February 28, 2024)
- Gene Editing Supplement (February 28, 2024)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: