FDA Oks Use of Vistive Gold Soybean OilMay 21, 2010
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a response letter to Monsanto's Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) notification supporting the use of oil from Vistive Gold soybeans. Food companies can now develop and test foods containing this soybean oil with reduced saturated fats and reduced or no trans fats.
"This product could offer farmers and the food industry an opportunity to help meet a growing demand for healthier foods," said Roy Fuchs, Monsanto's global technology lead for oilseeds. "Vistive Gold provides a glimpse into the next-generation of soybean products that can bring direct health benefits to consumers. We also expect farmers to benefit from the premium pricing opportunity the market is likely to offer for this oil once it is commercialized."
According to a press release, Monsanto has completed U.S. regulatory submissions. Once regulatory processes are completed, the product will then be made available to food companies.
Visit http://monsanto.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=841 for the full story.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Economic Crisis Threatens Agriculture in Europe and Asia
- BREAD Grants for Basic Agricultural Research
- Kenya Launches National Biosafety Authority Board
- Biosafety Law Translated in Local Languages of Burkina Faso
- Soil Bacteria and Fungi as Effective Bio-fertilizers
- Peruvian Scientist Gets Appeal from Supreme Court
- FDA Oks Use of Vistive Gold Soybean Oil
- Scientists Release Biocontrol for Waterhyacinth
- Implementing Holistic Food Policies: Strategy for Improving National Security
- Aphid's Chemical Signals as Biocontrol Agent Against Itself
- Panel Discussion about Public Perceptions on Adoption of Agri Biotech
- Monsanto Donates Seeds to Haiti
- Chinese Scientists Complete First Multi-crop Large-scale Evaluation of GM Ecological Impacts
- Social Responsibility in Promoting Transgenics
- New CIAT-HarvestPlus Office Inaugurated in India
- EFSA Oks GM Maize Varieties
- Optimal Ecology of Bioinsecticide
- Effects of Bt Corn on the Reproduction of Non-target Pest Corn Leafhopper
- Biological Clock Controls Carbohydrate Metabolism in Arabidopsis at night
- Developing DNA Markers of Rice Blast Resistance Gene Locus
- International Seminar on Horticulture to Support Food Security 2010
- ISAAA Releases Two New Videos on "Biotech Agriculture"
- BioLatina 2010 in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- International Biotech Seminar and the 5th KBI Congress 2010
- TERI-ITEC Biosafety Training Program for African Nationals
- CBU Feedback Survey
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (May 25, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (May 18, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (May 25, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: