AI Helps Generate Protein-based Fat AlternativeMarch 22, 2023
A startup company based in the United States launched its first commercial product – a novel plant protein-based fat ingredient with improved nutritional value and reduced environmental impact compared to conventional fats used by most kitchens around the world.
OleoPro™ delivers a 90% saturated fat reduction while enhancing the technical performance in alternative meats. It looks and behaves like traditional animal fat – it holds its shape at room temperature, browns when cooked, and is self-standing. Its production process is also not as harmful to the environment as how palm and coconut oils are made.
The protein-based fat is made using a patented technology platform that uses artificial intelligence to rapidly generate unique protein insights and identify naturally found novel ingredients. This novel process of combining plant proteins and unsaturated plant-based oil is both functional and scalable. The result is a healthier fat alternative with improved taste performance.
The company that produces OleoPro™ is also venturing into plant-based dairy and personal care products.
To learn more, read the press release about OleoPro™.
You might also like:
- GM Soybean Oil Causes Less Obesity and Insulin Resistance
- Healthful Oils from GM Plant as Effective as Fish Oil
- Fat Content in Soybean Oil Modified with CRISPR-Cpf1
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- Researchers Unlock Genetic Clusters for Improved Nitrogen Use Efficiency and Grain Protein in Wheat
- Domestic Biotech Innovations to Aid Philippine Agri and Aquaculture
- Gene-edited Crops: Enabling Future Commercialisation and Trade
- B-SAFE Webinar Series: Opportunities and Benefits of Aquaculture/Fishery Biotechnology to the Philippine Aquaculture/Fishery Industry
- Policy Brief Tackles Field Evaluations of Gene Drive Organisms
- AI Helps Generate Protein-based Fat Alternative
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (June 7, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: