Workshop to Explore Policy Considerations for Gene Editing in Asia and AustraliaJune 29, 2022
ISAAA Inc., BioTrust Global, the Malaysian Biotechnology Information Center, Murdoch University, and the National Seed Association Malaysia will hold the workshop Policy Considerations for Gene Editing: The Asian and Australian Perspective from August 23 to 25, 2022 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The workshop aims to:
- raise awareness among stakeholders to enable science-based participation in the development of policy and regulatory framework for gene editing in Asian countries;
- facilitate harmonization in gene editing regulations in the region; and
- support advancement in gene editing applications.
This workshop intends to inform local policymakers, regulators and other stakeholders about how they can proactively play a role in developing their respective national policies for gene editing to support international harmonization of gene editing policies, enhance applications of gene editing and reduce trade barriers, and ultimately, support sustainable food security.
You might also like:
- Australia's Experience Highlights Importance of Regulations and Public Trust in Consumer Acceptance of Gene Editing
- ISAAA Webinar Highlights Importance of Public-Private Dynamics in Agribiotechnology Industry
- Australia Updates Gene Technology Regulations; Will Not Regulate Gene Editing in Plants Without New Genetic Material
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- African Farmers to Gain Economic Benefits From Having Efficient Regulatory Systems -Experts
- US FDA Favorably Concludes HB4® Wheat Food and Feed Safety Evaluation
- Bohol Governor Invites Biotech Experts to Showcase GM Crop Benefits to Farmers
- Workshop to Explore Policy Considerations for Gene Editing in Asia and Australia
- EFSA Releases Assessment of New Sequencing Information for GM Cotton DAS-24236-5 × DAS-21Ø23-5
- Researchers Pinpoint Plant Gene Involved in Drought and Salt Stress Tolerance
- Study Finds Gene Liked to Photosynthetic Inhibition and Oxidative Damage Under Salt Stress
- Gram Pod Borer-Resistant Chickpea Development Progresses in India
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (February 21, 2024)
- Gene Editing Supplement (February 14, 2024)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: