Study Finds Gene Liked to Photosynthetic Inhibition and Oxidative Damage Under Salt StressJune 29, 2022
Researchers from Northeast Forestry University and partners reported a gene that can positively control photosynthetic inhibition and oxidative damage in Arabidopsis under saline conditions. Their findings are published in Frontiers in Plant Science.
The research team overexpressed MYB37, a R2R3 MYB subgroup 14 transcription factor in Arabidopsis, which confers hyposensitivity to salt. This led to lessened salt stress symptoms of Arabidopsis under salt stress. MYB37 also reduced the degradation of chlorophyll, particularly the decrease of chlorophyll in Arabidopsis under salt stress.
The findings indicate that MYB37 could lessen the degradation of Arabidopsis proteins under salt stress, promote plant growth, and enhance salt tolerance.
Read more findings in Frontiers in Plant Science.
You might also like:
- Pocket K No. 31: Biotechnology with Salinity for Coping in Problem Soils
- Viruses Found in Saltwater Microalgae Could Be the Key to Bio-saline Agriculture
- Argentina First in the World to Approve Drought Tolerant HB4® Wheat
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- African Farmers to Gain Economic Benefits From Having Efficient Regulatory Systems -Experts
- US FDA Favorably Concludes HB4® Wheat Food and Feed Safety Evaluation
- Bohol Governor Invites Biotech Experts to Showcase GM Crop Benefits to Farmers
- Workshop to Explore Policy Considerations for Gene Editing in Asia and Australia
- EFSA Releases Assessment of New Sequencing Information for GM Cotton DAS-24236-5 × DAS-21Ø23-5
- Researchers Pinpoint Plant Gene Involved in Drought and Salt Stress Tolerance
- Study Finds Gene Liked to Photosynthetic Inhibition and Oxidative Damage Under Salt Stress
- Gram Pod Borer-Resistant Chickpea Development Progresses in India
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: