EFSA Releases Scientific Opinion on HT Soybean A5547-127June 22, 2022
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) GMO Panel released their scientific opinion on herbicide tolerant (HT) soybean A5547-127, which is applied for renewal of authorization for food and feed uses. EFSA's assessment found no evidence for new hazards.
Following the submission of BASF Agricultural Solutions Seed US LLC, the EFSA GMO Panel assessed the post-market environmental monitoring reports, literature on the HT soybean, updated bioinformatic analyses, and additional documents or studies performed by or on behalf of the applicant. They evaluated the collected information for possible new hazards, modified exposure, or new scientific uncertainties identified during the authorization period and not previously assessed in the initial application.
Based on their findings, the GMO Panel concluded that “there is no evidence in the renewal application EFSA-GMO-RX-020 for new hazards, modified exposure or scientific uncertainties that would change the conclusions of the original risk assessment on soybean A5547-127.”
The application and assessment cover placing on the market for the products containing, consisting of, or produced from the HT soybean, and do not include cultivation within the European Union.
Read the scientific opinion from EFSA.
You might also like:
- EFSA Releases Scientific Opinion on Four-Event Stack GM Maize
- EFSA Publishes Scientific Opinion on Two-Event Stack Soybean DAS-81419-2 × DAS-44406-6
- GM Approval Database: A5547-127
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO Highlights Importance of Innovative Partnerships for 2030 Agenda
- Philippine Biosafety Systems, Organic Agriculture and Co-Existence
- Bangladesh Approves 2 Bt Cotton Varieties
- Field Tests of GM Canola and Indian Mustard in Australia Approved
- EFSA Releases Scientific Opinion on HT Soybean A5547-127
- International Research Team Creates Map of Significant Potato Traits
- TuRLK1 Vital in YrU1-activated Plant Immunity
- Plants Can Make “Secret Decisions” on What to Do With Stored Carbon
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: