China Approves Drought Tolerant HB4® SoybeansMay 4, 2022
Bioceres Crop Solutions Corp. announced on April 29, 2022, that China's Ministry of Agriculture has given its approval for the import and use as a raw material of soybeans produced using Bioceres' proprietary drought tolerance technology, HB4®. Beijing Da Bei Nong Science and Technology Group Co. Ltd., Bioceres' partner in China has confirmed the approval.
Argentina approved HB4® soybeans for growth and consumption in 2015; with the unrestricted commercialization of HB4® soybean seeds in Argentina subject to Chinese import approval. HB4® soybeans are now approved for unrestricted growth and commercialization in the United States, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay, representing roughly 85 percent of the global soybean trade.
For more details, read the news release from Bioceres.
You might also like:
- Canada Approves HB4 Drought Tolerant Soybeans
- USDA Approves Verdeca's HB4® Drought Tolerant Soybeans
- Brazil's CTNBio Gives Commercial Approval to HB4 Soybeans
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- International Research Team Discovers Major Genes Influencing Chickpea's Flowering Time
- Egyptian Researchers Develop GM Wheat with Resistance to Salinity and Water Scarcity
- Study Finds Increasing Trend in Tillage Intensity in the US
- First Xtend® Soybean Cultivars Hit the Market in Brazil
- Attitude, Trust, and Knowledge Affect Consumers’ Willingness to Buy GM Foods in Iran
- China Approves Drought Tolerant HB4® Soybeans
- PH Judiciary Officials Get Updates on Biotech Regulations
- Soy Breeding Tools and Approaches Identified Through Stakeholder Collaborative Research Effort
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (March 22, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (March 22, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: