The Impact of Gene Technology in Animal Agriculture and Food ProductionAugust 25, 2021
The Asia Oceania Regional Animal Biotech Virtual Workshop will tackle science and opportunities of animal biotechnology for food and agriculture on August 31 to September 1, 2021, 11:30-14:30 Manila time via Zoom. The registration is now open for interested participants.
By joining the workshop, participants will:
- be informed on current innovations in animal biotechnology;
- gain increased awareness on the benefits and opportunities in animal research targeting animal welfare and other applications in food and agriculture; and
- be equipped to make contributions to science-based policies in support of the utilization of animal biotechnology to enhance food security and agricultural sustainability.
International experts including Dr. Carl Ramage (Rautaki Solutions), Dr. Tim Doran (CSIRO), Dr. Diane Wray-Cahen (USDA), Dr. Lisa Kelly (FSANZ), and Dr. Alison Van Eenennaam (UC Davis) will serve as resource speakers in the workshop. Sessions in the first day of the workshop will be focused on the science and opportunities in poultry, aquaculture, swine, and cattle; as well as the policy considerations for biotech animals and the existing policies in selected countries. The second day sessions will tackle food, feed, and environmental safety assessments.
Download the flyer for more information. Register now to reserve a slot.
You might also like:
- Pocket K No. 55: Biotech-improved Animals
- ISAAA Kicks Off Discourses on Regulatory Approaches for Animal Biotech
- Animal Biotech Offers Potential in Addressing Food Insecurity
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- The Impact of Gene Technology in Animal Agriculture and Food Production
- Texas A&M Researchers Engineer Good Bacteria to Aid in Combating Disease
- Technology Developers Share Commercialization Experiences with Filipino Scientists
- NTU Researchers Identify How Xanthomonas Bacteria Infect Plants
- India Eases Rules for Import of GM Soya Cake, Benefits Farmers
- European Commission Authorizes 10 GM Crops for Food and Feed
- UK Report Compares EU Approaches on Food Safety Regulation of Novel Foods and GMOs with Other Countries
- Plant Immune Sensors Found to Navigate Against Invading Microbes Inside Plant Cells
- MHLW Japan Close to Commercial Approval of the First Genome-edited Fish
- Coalition of NGOs Outline Principles for Responsible Governance of Gene Editing
- Study Finds CRISPR Could Render Mosquitoes Infertile, Reducing Spread of Diseases
- High-oleic Tobacco Seed Oil for Bio-diesel Produced Using CRISPR-Cas9
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (March 22, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (March 22, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: