Gene Editing Technology Used to Modify Traits in CornMarch 10, 2021
The Biotechnology Center of Beijing Origin Seed, Ltd., a subsidiary of Origin Agritech, and leading universities and research institutions have announced their successful work in using gene editing technology to modify traits in corn. Such traits include reducing plant height and increasing growth period and chloroplast content.
Dr. Gengchen Han, Origin's Chairman, said, "We are very excited by the possibilities the gene editing technology may bring us. The ability to create new crop traits ideally positions us to capitalize on the broader industry trend of GMO acceptance in China."
For more details, read the news release from Origin Agritech.
You might also like:
- Comparison Between GM and Non-GM Maize Shows No Difference in Composition, Agronomic Traits
- Pocket K No. 42: Stacked Traits in Biotech Crops
- Biotech Trait Annual Update
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Endangered Plant Species Becomes Model for Genome Sequencing
- Canola Pan-Genome Completed; Reveals Broad Genetic Diversity of the Crop
- Book Explores Global Attitudes to GM Crops and Unravels Reasons behind Negative Sentiments
- Experts Encourage to Speed Up Biotech Adoption in Pakistan with the Help of Scicom
- China's Five-Year Plan Prioritizes Modern Breeding Techniques for Agriculture
- Researchers Boost Zinc Uptake in Arabidopsis to Help Alleviate Malnutrition
- Automated Genomics Screening to Hasten Cure to Crop Diseases
- Turkey Approves Five Biotech Traits
- Indonesian Scientists Identify Novel Gene To Develop Aluminum-Tolerant Rice
- Gene Editing Technology Used to Modify Traits in Corn
- New ISAAA Infographic Illustrates TALENs
- Nebulized Treatment Against Flu, SARS-CoV-2 Developed Using CRISPR
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (February 28, 2024)
- Gene Editing Supplement (February 28, 2024)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: