Webinar: The Challenges of Communicating about Gene TechnologiesAugust 5, 2020
ISAAA presents the next webinar entitled The Challenges of Communicating about Gene Technologies in Post-truth, Post-trust, Post-expert, and Post-COVID19 World which will be presented by Dr. Craig Cormick, a science communication expert and author from Australia. The webinar hosted by ISAAA AfriCenter will be held on August 7, 2020 at 12:00 GMT and will be moderated by Dr. Mahaletchumy Arujanan, ISAAA Global Coordinator. The session will discuss the impact of misinformation and disinformation on the advancement and application of gene technologies in science, medicine, agriculture, and business.
This is a free webinar. Register now through Zoom.
You might also like:
- Experts Urge States to Embrace Genome Editing in Addressing Key Challenges in Health and Agriculture
- Redefinition and Harmonization in Biotech Regulation Necessary, Experts Say
- Local Investors Challenged to Support Genome Editing Start-ups in Africa
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- More Countries Join the COVID-19 Food Coalition
- Study Finds SARS-CoV-2 Has Six Strains
News from Around the World
- Svalbard Global Seed Vault Starts a Century-long Seed Experiment
- Nigerians Ready to Know More About GM Crops
- Study Shows Plants Regulate Growth-Inhibiting Hormones to Survive
- EFSA Releases Scientific Opinion on GM Oilseed Rape Ms8 x Rf3 x GT 73
- Gene Inserted in Tobacco Plant Sheds Light to Increased Heat Stress Resistance
- Overexpression of Atsob3-6 Gene Variant Improves Seed Size, Seed Weight and Seedling Emergence in Camelina
Plant Breeding Innovations
- OsABCI7 and OsHCF222 Interaction Stabilizes Rice Thylakoid Membrane
- Gene Editing Breakthrough Seen to Improve Breeding of Barley Crops
- Researchers Map Largest, Most Complex CRISPR System
- Webinar: The Challenges of Communicating about Gene Technologies
Subscribe to CBU: