Biotech Crops Market to Exceed US$37.46B by 2027March 11, 2020
The global biotech crops market was valued at US$18.15 billion in 2018, according to Coherent Market Insights in their report released in February 2020. It is projected that the biotech crops market will reach US$37.46 billion by 2027, exhibiting a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7 percent over the forecast period.
According to the report, the growing food industry is expected to drive the growth of the market around the world. The increasing demand for GM crops in the food industry contributed to market growth. India Brand Equity Foundation reported that the food industry in India was valued at US$39.71 in 2017, then boosted to US$65.4 billion in 2018, indicating a CAGR of 11 percent.
The report also indicated that the cotton segment held a significant market share in the market in 2018, owing to increasing government approval of GM cotton worldwide. Increasing government support was also evident in emerging economies including India and China.
For more key trends and analysis of the biotech crops market, get a copy of the report from Coherent Market Insights.
You might also like:
- Biotech Crops Continue to Help Meet the Challenges of Increased Population and Climate Change
- Video: Highlights of the 2018 ISAAA Report
- ISAAA Brief 54-2018: Infographics
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Biotech Crops Market to Exceed US$37.46B by 2027
- Long Wait Over as Kenya Finally Commercializes Bt Cotton
- US Promotes GMO Education to Consumers through 'Feed Your Mind' Initiative
- CRISPR Genome Editing Strategy Could Improve Rice, Other Crops
- GM Food Label Is Unrecognized by Most Consumers in Brazil
- Research Team Discovers Genetic Diversity Improves Yield in Hybrid Crop Varieties
- EU Leading Scientists Warn: "European GMO Laws No Longer Fit"
- Gene from a Mycoparasitic Fungus Confers Enhanced Resistance to Sclerotinia Stem Rot in Soybean
- CRISPR-Cas9 Speeds Up Domestication of African Rice Landraces
- Researcher Establishes CRISPR-Cas12b System for Plant Genome Engineering
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (October 4, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: