GLP Releases Global Gene Editing Regulation Tracker and IndexJanuary 29, 2020
The Genetic Literacy Project has developed two interactive tools that track and index gene editing and gene editing regulations worldwide, helping to illuminate how regulations can encourage or hinder innovation.
The Global Gene Editing Regulation Tracker and Index sum up gene editing regulations in the field of agriculture, medicine, and gene drives per country, giving a picture of each country's regulatory timeline, and indicate which products and therapies are in the pipeline. Another important feature of the tracker is the information on the reaction of gene editing critics, as well as the scientist and public interest groups that are pushing to give the technology a chance.
The Gene Editing Regulatory Index, developed by GLP in partnership with Consumer Choice Center, serves as a companion tool with the tracker as it turns the information from the tracker into a quantifiable index for comparing data among countries. It can be used to show which countries are being more or less conservative in terms of regulations.
Visit GLP's Global Gene Editing Regulation Tracker and Index.
You might also like:
- GM Approval Database
- Pocket K No. 54: Plant Breeding Innovation: CRISPR-Cas9
- New Resource Shows Half of Biotech Crops Research is Independent
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Youth and Educators Pledge to Support Biotech Application in Uganda
- US Ag Secretary Perdue Urges EU to Make Science-based Decisions
- Study Reveals Experts' and Public's Attitude Towards Gene-edited Crops
- Researchers Discover Vaccine to Strengthen Plant Immune System
- International Consortium Sequences Genome of White Lupin
- Genetically Edited Plants Will Complement Vertical Farms, Says Aberystwyth Professor
- Computational Model Shows Effects of Crop Rotation Against Plant Pests
- Wild Tomato Shows Better Resistance to Bacterial Canker Than Cultivated Varieties
- GLP Releases Global Gene Editing Regulation Tracker and Index
- Precise Genome Engineering in Rice Using Cas9-VirD2 System for HDR
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (May 24, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 24, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: