North America Genome Editing Market Projected to Reach US$ 4,000 Mn by 2025October 23, 2019
"The growth of the genome editing market is primarily attributed to the rise in the production of genetically modified crops and rising prevalence of the genetic diseases," according to the latest Genome Editing Market Growth Analysis Report. Overall, the market is expected to have a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.2% from 2018 to 2025. Despite rigid biosafety regulations on genome editing in the region, the emergence of markets centered on precision and regenerative medicines provides more growth opportunities for the North American genome editing market in the next couple of years.
The CRISPR segment, which dominated the genome editing market in 2017 with a share of 53.6%, is still expected to take up a significant portion of the market in 2025. Based on application, the cell line engineering segment is likewise foreseen to propel at a CAGR of 18.0%. Similarly, the genetic engineering segment will likely see a a substantial increase due to extensive researches being done on its subsegments, particularly on animal and plant genetic engineering. With the advent of CRISPR, the biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies segment is also anticipated to dominate the market in 2025 as companies benefit from drug discoveries and enhanced research and development.
For more information, read the media release in Trading Examiner and the report from Alexa.
You might also like:
- Pocket K No. 54: Plant Breeding Innovation: CRISPR-Cas9
- Brief 54: Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops: 2018
- Voices and Views: Benefits of Countries from Adopting and Importing GM Crops
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Biotech Crop Area Reaches 2.5 Billion Hectares in 23 Years
- Genetic Engineering Helps Increase Availability of Improved Organic Seeds
- Secrets to Insect Adaption to Climate Change Uncovered in the European Corn Borer Moth
- First Argentine GM Potato to be Released in 2020
- PABIC, University of Agriculture Faisalabad Conduct Seminar to Assess Food Security, Malnutrition, and Biotech in Pakistan
- Partnership and Innovation for Food and Economic Security and Environmental Security for the Region
- Australian Scientists Develop New Method to Produce Drought-Resilient Wheat Quickly, Cheaply, and Accurately
- Researchers Develop Dwarf Maize with Better Yielding Capacity by Controlling Gibberellin Levels
- GM Soybean with Cry8-like Gene Exhibit Resistance to Insect Pest
- Scientists Highlight Responsible Advancement, Safe Use of Synthetic Biology
- North America Genome Editing Market Projected to Reach US$ 4,000 Mn by 2025
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: