Transformation of OsNAC10 Gene for Drought Tolerance in RiceSeptember 18, 2019
In plant, the activation of transcription factors (TF) can regulate expression of adaptive genes for abiotic stress response. NAC is the largest plant TF family. OsNAC10 belongs to NAC family that plays an important role in development and stress responses in plants.
Researchers have constructed the recombinant expression vectors containing OsNAC10 encoding sequence, under the control of Ubiquitin promoters. The constructs pCAM-Ubi/OsNAC10-sense and pCAM-Ubi/OsNAC10-antisense were transformed into J02 rice variety using Agrobacterium tumefaciens.
PCR analysis revealed the presence of transgenes in regenerated transgenic plants. These results provide a basis for the study of the function of OsNAC10 in abiotic stress responses in plant and for the development of stress tolerant crops.
For more information, read the article in Vietnamese at the Agriculture and Rural Development Magazine.
You might also like:
- Genetic Transformation of Maize with Drought-responsive OsNAC45 Gene
- Pocket K No. 37: Biotech Rice
- Rice (Oryza sativa L.) GM Events (8 Events)
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Millions of Farmers Worry-free Due to Biotech Benefits
- Survey Reflects US Public Views, Knowledge on Gene Drives
- Researchers Make Breakthrough in Understanding Citrus Greening Bacteria
- South Korea Develops GM Crops for Future Use
- PH Legislators and Judicial Members Engage in Agri-biotech Discussions
- Join the Science and She campaign
- Advanced Breeding Makes Disease Resistant Beans Possible
- Tomato Jumping Genes Could Help Speed-breed Drought Resistant Crops
- Transformation of OsNAC10 Gene for Drought Tolerance in Rice
- Scientists Update Chinese Soybean Genome to Golden Reference
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Language, Key in Communicating about Genome Editing
- Inducible CRISPR-Cas9 Improves the Precision of Genome Editing in Rice
Subscribe to CBU: